ENGLISH CONVERSATION 4U
It's always nerve racking going for an interview. You ask yourself questions like, what should I wear to make a good impression? How many people are going for the job and most importantly, what will they ask me?
Being prepared is the best policy and below are some of the most common questions you will be asked when attending an interview. Ask yourself these questions (or better still get someone else to do it) over and over again.
1. Why have you applied for this job? Tip: do some research about the job you are applying for and make some positive comments about the company.
2. How do you stand out from the other candidates?
3. What do you consider your main weakness? (and strength?) Tip: choose a weakness which can also be looked at as a strength e.g. I consider myself a perfectionist but explain how this can be turned to an advantage.
4. Why did you leave your last job? Tip: always try to sound positive, even if you hated your previous job or boss, don't tell them!
5. What do you think you will be doing in 5 years time?
6. Would you be happy to work abroad?
7. Tell me about a situation in a previous job where you had a difficulty which you overcame?
8. Do you prefer working on your own or as part of a team? Why?
9. What do you look for in an employer?
10. Have you got any questions you would like to ask me? Tip: always ask something as this shows you are interested. Think of some questions before, even if it's very basic e.g. how many people will I be working with?
If you would like help with interview practice, any of our teachers are able to help. Just request a lesson stating interview practice and they will send you more questions and give you advice and tips during the lesson.
PAY WITH MOST CARDS OR PAYPAL:
Facebook Like Button
FREE NEWS LETTER GIVING ENGLISH PRACTICE
"My wife has been struggling to pass her B1 English Exam to apply for Indefinite leave to live in UK as she speak very little to no English until we found Anna, she is patient an..."
B1 English Exam
"I have been taking English classes with during a year. She's very friendly and a patient person. I have improved my level of english and I have won more safety in myself. I can..."
"Well, I have been taking classes with Anna for about two years and I just can say that it's been one of the best investments I've made in my life. She's taught me very useful vo..."
LEARN TO TEACH ENGLISH